Friday, January 23, 2009

My "A-HA" Moment!



  • I decided TODAY, that I'm proclaiming Fridays as "Free-to-be-Me Day"!

  • All other days of the week are all about WORK: book-work, home-work, house-work and even church-work

  • I will do all the work I can in the other 6 days, but Fridays are now reserved "just for me"

  • I plan to do things that I feel guilty about all the other days like; blogging, shopping, going out to lunch with friends, taking a walk, decorating, organizing, scrapbooking, napping or whatever else I feel like doing, as opposed to have to do...

  • If you have a long list of Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda's I know you can totally relate...

  • If you would like to join me, please feel free to call or e-mail me and we'll enjoy some much needed me/we time!

  • Please Note: "Free-to-be-Me Friday" Starts @ 9:15am & ends promptly at 2:45pm at which time it's time to get back to work!!!

7 comments:

Anna Lynne said...

Love it!! I want do this! I would love to take a nap without feeling guilty!

Diana Glade said...

That sounds like such a great idea! By the way, I love that "What if she's an angel" song that you have. I've never heard it before but I liked it so much I added it to my blog too!

Diana Glade said...

I think you can just click on the songs you want from my blog and add them to yours. I think there is a button that says "add".

Cara said...

What a great idea! As soon as all of my kids are in school, I'd love to do something like that. Unfortunately, I have many years to go so... enjoy your Fridays for me too!

Chalonn said...

I love your "AH-HA's" This obviously was a much needed moment for you...heck, for all of us! I'm in....Friday is me/we day!!! :-)

larissa said...

What a fun idea! It's fun to see your blog and see your family. I got the link from Gavin and Lisa's blog. Hope you have lots of great Fridays!

Aunt Vanee' said...

Thanks for sharing your inspirational talk on Sunday. It touched my heart when you spoke about climbing to "The Cave". I went to High School in American Fork and our Mascot was the "Cavemen" and our drill team was the Cavettes. I started climbing to the cave before there was a paved trail. In fact, they used to caution hikers about rocks falling because the trail switches back and forth. I still remember the time my Father pushed me back toward the mountain to prevent a sharp rock from hitting my head. The rock actually hit his hand. When I was young the cave seemed enormous. The huge red heart, the stalactites it was an ever changing adventure. I returned with Lindsey and Ethan when they were small. The cave had shrunk. Ethan was very small and he call out "Turn the lights ON" during the demonstration. The darkness inside the earth reminded me of the 3 days of darkness when Christ was killed. You can feel it pushing down on you. My sister hiked with me and she had a teenage daughter who insisted on walking with one foot over the edge. This made her mom very nervous. Can you tell I loved your talk!! You made me home sick. How often to I hear about my home? Thanks for touching my heart and reminding me to "Stay on the Path that leads me "HOME" Rauna you were inspired to talk about hikes. Thanks for listening to the prompting of the spirit
Lots of hugs
Vanee'