Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mary Robison--My Grammy Mac

So a little while ago, my Grammy Mac helped Alicia make a pie crust at her house, using her special pie pan, (with holes in the bottom)  that was given to her by her mother. She learned to bake her 1st pie crust when she was 9 years old. 
 I baked my 1st real pie crust (from scratch) as an adult!  She told us the pie pan we were using had belonged to her grandmother.
She sent home the pie pan with us as a gift!






Recently after a fall and some other medical issues, Grammy Mac and Papa Lee were relocated into a Retirement/Assisted Living Apartment in Mill Creek. It happens to be just 10 mins. from my house now!

Because they had to downsize, I was able to get a
few more sentimental items:

The Saltine Cracker Tin was used not only for storing crackers, but also by me, as a stool in the kitchen of their home on Lake Washington when I was 1-1/2 to 2 Years Old
The Rolling Pin goes with the Pie Tin and was always wrapped in a
flour-covered dish cloth
The Betty Crocker Cookbook is from 1972 (Kelly this is for you I just wanted to include it in my photos)
The Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chips are because Gram Mac was nearly famous for her extra crunchy, Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies, when we asked for the "secret recipe" she told us it was the one on the back of the Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Bag.     
To think I had no idea all these years!! 
She was also "famous" for her potato salad! Made with the finest chopped potatoes you've ever seen and just the right amount of everthying else she used. One of her "secret ingredients" 
 was a little bit of Dill Weed.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: