Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Where's the Dam Gift Shop?



We were heading back to Utah to pick up our car, since we'd rented a van for the Arizona stretch-well worth the extra money, since it gave us the extra space we needed when David joined us. We used the handy-dandy GPS and put in either, "shortest distance" or "fastest time" not exactly sure which one, as we headed out from Phoenix, after saying goodbye to Tanya, Paul and their Family. Anyhoo, I was driving David was sleeping and somewhere along the way I realized that we were seeing signs to Las Vegas, Los Angeles and the Hoover Dam. Interesting, hmm. Well since the GPS is always right (according to my husband) I just kept on driving...Low and behold a couple? hundred miles later, we were heading down to the Hoover Dam. Another amazing landmark, totally worth seeing, if you happen to get by that way. We took lots of pictures while driving 25 mph through this gigantic man-made wonder of the world! We stopped off at the lookout point, and then had to check out the "dam" gift shop. Alicia and Brady found some cool rocks, & I made my usual collectible "souvenir" coin. (The gift shop stop was considered a wasted of time & money, by David, but basically a given, when it comes to me and my girls!!)

No comments: